The Russian-Ukrainian War Thread

seaspear

Update.

Kursk area.

Ukrainian attacks towards the Glushkovskoe area seem to have slowed down. Russian forces have also advanced far enough east that they're harder to cut off from Russian forces near Korenevo. Russia's own advance has reached Sverdlikovo and seems to be halted. Meanwhile from the eastern side Russian forces have gained some ground towards Plekhovo. The scheme of Russia's counter-offensive here seems clear. They're attacking along the border towards the base of the Ukrainian salient, likely hoping to force a withdrawal.

An interesting video of the 83rd VDV Bde operating in Kursk region. You can't really see the assault, only sort of guess the directionality based on the bursts of fire, but allegedly they're assaulting and clearing a Ukrainian strong point with an assault detachment on two BMD-2s.

VDV 56th Regiment carrying out drone strikes against Ukrainian vehicles. Warning footage of corpses.

Russian FPV drones double-tap a Ukrainian tank. Note the EW causing signal issues but not preventing the strikes.

Russian FAB strikes near Malaya Loktnya.

Russian Molniya drone strikes a Ukrainain Kozak armored car.

A series of Russian drone strikes on knocked out Ukrainian vehicles near Tetkino and a couple of strikes on on a BMP and a tank.

Russian loitering munition (looks like a Kub to me) strikes allegedly a Ukrainian M777. We can't make out what it hits, but ammo clearly cooks off.

A Ukrainian BTR-4, possibly abandoned, getting taken out.

Ukrainian Leo-2A5 getting hit in the Glushkovo area.

Another Leopard getting hit, allegedly a 2A6 but I can't tell, it might be another 2A5.

A strange incident took place near Veseloe. Allegedly this Ukrainian crew attempted to surrender with their CV90 to Russia, but were shot by a friendly ATGM to prevent this. Other sources claim it hit a land mine. Details are lacking but allegedly the white fabric was a surrender marker.

More footage of destroyed Ukrainian vehicles as part of the failed attacks in the Glushkovo area.

Russian drone strike takes out a Ukrainian pickup and BTR-60 in the Kursk area.

Russian UCAV strikes continue, this time against an alleged Ukrainian staging area. an IMR-2, and multiple other targets

Russian UAV-directed artillery fires at Ukrainian troops attacking towards Veseloe.

Russian strike on a Ukrainian crossing near Kursk region. It's unclear which crossing this is and which side of the border this is.

Russian Iskander strike in Khrapovschina, Sumy region, and a storage facility in Sumy itself. Allegedly the former is a Ukrainian staging area.

Russian strike on Shaposhnikovo, Sumy region, targetting allegedly a HIMARS. We do see a pair of Ukrainian vehicles and one looks like it might be a HIMARS.

Russia strikes a Ukrainian 2S1 in Sumy region.

Russian Marines from the 155th show off a destroyed Ukrainian mobile element with either 2 or 3 destroyed Humvees and a pickup. Maneuver elements like this were all over the area and created much panic and confusion, but usually carried very small sized elements, either squad or platoon sized typically, though there were a few entire companies.

A knocked out M113, Kursk area.

A new Ukrainian drone type downed in Kursk region, allegedly called Palyanitsa (bread).

Russian forces show off a captured M577 in Kursk region, captured near Veseloe or near Korenevo, sources disagree. They also have apparently captured an abandoned T-72AV with a KMT-6 mine trawl. The latter is something Russia can and will easily use.

A group of 4 Russian conscripts spent 39 days cut off in the woods near Dar'ino. They apparently maintained comms with the 155th MarBde passing on intelligence, and staying hidden. My suspicion is they used cell phones, possibly Telegram, or something similar to communicate. I doubt they had radio comms.

Russian Mi-28NM with Kh-39s taking off. I wonder if the regular Mi-28N can use Kh-39s or Vikhr-1s.

Russian Molniya drone being prepared for launch, Kursk region.

A scarce Ukrainian 2S7 in support of their Kursk forces.

Ukraine has begun using ground-based drones with machineguns in Kursk region. They're wheeled unlike their Russian counter-parts, the Kurier drone.

A Ukrainian M60 AVLB in Kursk region, presumably they inteded to force the Seym.

Kharkov area.

Russian forces have reportedly withdrawn from the factory complex in Volchansk. They then proceeded to strike the area with thermobarics.

Russian Molniya loitering munition strike on a Ukrainian staging area.

Russian large bomb strikes with a FAB-3000 and 3 FAB-1500s in Volchansk.

Russian FPV drone hits a Ukrainian SUV near Liptsi.

Russian strike on a industrial building where allegedly a Ukrainian Vampir MLRS was hiding.

Ukrainian strikes on Belgorod continue. 4 civilians are reported wounded.

Ukrainian drone hit an apartment in Belgorod, unclear if intentionally.

Battle damage to a residential building in Kharkov after a Russian strike. Russian sources claims this was done by a Ukrainian SAM but the extent of the damage makes this unlikely.