Hamas-Israeli War 2023

Larry_L

My take on what is going on. Some is speculation.
Hamas announces they have accepted a cease fire deal. People in Gaza are ecstatic. Israel was not even at the negotiations so no deal.
The US announces a token halt on some arms shipments to Israel.
Israel carefully puts pressure on Hamas in Rafah.
Hamas soft power speaks loud worldwide while terrorists hide behind hostages and civilians.

Big_Zucchini

My take on what is going on. Some is speculation.
Hamas announces they have accepted a cease fire deal. People in Gaza are ecstatic. Israel was not even at the negotiations so no deal.
The US announces a token halt on some arms shipments to Israel.
Israel carefully puts pressure on Hamas in Rafah.
Hamas soft power speaks loud worldwide while terrorists hide behind hostages and civilians.

There seems to be some disagreement between the US and Israel on Rafah but as it turns out in internal Israeli public debates and something I partially believe in - it's more a Biden-Netanyahu thing than a US-Israel thing.
There's the narrative that Biden thinks Netanyahu is exploiting aspects of the war for political gain, or survival, which definitely sounds like him. But I personally also believe that it's not really possible to truly conclude this war without taking over at least the Philadelphi corridor (Gaza-Egypt border) and set up a buffer zone into Gaza, to put a halt to arms smuggling from Sinai into Gaza.
There's much to speculate about here, but one thing seems pretty certain to me - Biden's decisions are actually raising Netanyahu's popularity.