KAI KF-21

Ananda

The Bunker Group

ROK DAPA agree to accept Indonesia reduce commitment. This KRW 600 bio, is from my understanding similar with what Indonesia ask during renegotiation. Eventough the portion is around only a third of previous Indonesia commitment, however with the overall cost of KF-21 development (Blk 1) expected to be reduce, it is still unclear whether Indonesia portion going to be only 7% or 10%. I sense it is the latter, as overall investment on the Blk 1 is less then projected initially.

"We comprehensively considered the cooperative relationship between the two countries, including the mass production of the Indonesian version of the fighter (IF-X) and the possibility of securing insufficient funds." They added, "We will finalize the cost-sharing negotiations with Indonesia to ensure that the project can be successfully completed in line with public expectations."We comprehensively considered the cooperative relationship between the two countries, including the mass production of the Indonesian version of the fighter (IF-X) and the possibility of securing insufficient funds." They added, "We will finalize the cost-sharing negotiations with Indonesia to ensure that the project can be successfully completed in line with public expectations."
Put this as quote, since it is from what I heard also part of negotiation. Indonesia reduce the investment in KF-21development cost, but still going to involve and proceed with IFX or IF-21 program.

That one at this moment personally I have big doubt, due to actuality on the level of insufficient facilities preparation and Investment to DI for this IF-21/IFX. Off course it could be different toward Prabowo's administration, but I still reserve my doubt.

Personally until they're preparing more Investment, I still regards the move as part of Indonesian exit strategy while keeping engagement with ROK. Off course I might be wrong, but again money trail matter, and so far I just don't see enough money trail being committed to the program. This in regards relative toward other defense projects investment in recent period.

Last edited: