Indonesia: 'green water navy'

Ananda

The Bunker Group

One of local defense enthusiasts provide pictures of SRV Mother Ship. Previously I'm this thread few months ago already been put media links on SRV contract with its UK builder. This just confirm the mother ship will be build by local shipyard.

This is all part of future submarine seminar in Jakarta. Basically it is talk on potential contract for next submarine batch order in 2025-29 term. This is where the Frenchie Salesman got his 'insiders' info on Li-Ion only order for next batch.

However even his channel vlog also shown TKMS (which champion AIP and not Li-Ion) submarine as contender. Thus raise possibilities that his ranting on Li-Ion only order aim to his main rival, the TKMS sales team.

Sandhi Yudha

One of local defense enthusiasts provide pictures of SRV Mother Ship. Previously I'm this thread few months ago already been put media links on SRV contract with its UK builder. This just confirm the mother ship will be build by local shipyard.

This is all part of future submarine seminar in Jakarta. Basically it is talk on potential contract for next submarine batch order in 2025-29 term. This is where the Frenchie Salesman got his 'insiders' info on Li-Ion only order for next batch.

However even his channel vlog also shown TKMS (which champion AIP and not Li-Ion) submarine as contender. Thus raise possibilities that his ranting on Li-Ion only order aim to his main rival, the TKMS sales team.

It is actually quite surprising that a local shipyard will be able to construct such a highly specialized vessel. So, i expect this contract is including full ToT, tools, equipment and training for the local shipyard. Am i right?

Seems Damen still want to enter the Market. Perhaps they are hoping from previous Fincantieri success on PPA, which being open with PPA visit. I can say this is just another rutin diplomatic visits. However the timing bit suspicious after Indonesian Navy shown their interest with AAW Destroyer/Large Frigates.
I don't think it is suspicious that the Zr.Ms Tromp is visiting Indonesia, it is a combined tour/operation of the ship: a voyage to the Pacific and protecting civilian ships in the Red Sea. Last month it visited Mumbai and it started its voyage on 9 March from Den Helder. But this voyage was actually already announced in January.

But yes, a visit of a naval ship is also a little bit to promote the defence/naval industry of the country...

Last edited:

deadlast

It is actually quite surprising that a local shipyard will be able to construct such a highly specialized vessel. So, i expect this contract is including full ToT, tools, equipment and training for the local shipyard. Am i right?
Either that (let's hope that is the case), or it follows what Palindo does with their BHO-105 project, build the vessel here then send it to Germany for final outfitting.

Ananda

The Bunker Group
yes, a visit of a naval ship is also a little bit to promote the defence/naval industry of the country...
Well the chances of Damen got another order from Indonesia is slim anyway, and I suspect getting much slimmer after this guy able to influence others on creating government. He might not be PM, but seems he become political master mind.

Honestly I really believe his anti Islam attitude have base on his Indos family history. Off course he's populist, but being right wing populist (or any side populist) ussualy base on something that's personal.

I wonder if Garuda then going to relocate their Euro Hub from Schiphol. Considering German and French now having better relationship with Indonesia, perhaps Frankfurt or Paris can be the choice. I heard before COVID they are planning 2nd Euro destinations after they close London route. Perhaps now can be both of them ? I know throwing away historical hub due to emotional politics is not good for business. However that guy really hates Indonesia.

Ananda

The Bunker Group

Naval Group and Xavier X accounts shown TNI-AL Chief visit NG facility. Especially facility for their FDI Frigates. No wonder their salesman lately talk trash on PAL-Babcock Arrowhead Frigates.

Talking on the Project will be 8+ years in making instead 5 years +. Well the PAL-Babcock will have delay due to Covid and Design adjustments. However after signing the contract in Sep 21, it's too early stating the Project will have 3 years more delay.

Clearly that Salesman try to use his 'status' as defense insiders to influence public perception or other projects. Especially those projects from competitors. Before DSME submarine, now Babcock Frigates. Just chuckling that local media still call him defense expert/analyst.

Ananda

The Bunker Group

Fincantieri finally indicating officialy what Submarine they are offering to TNI-AL. Basically from this seminar the submarine supplier being inform that outside Scorpene deal between NG-PAL, there will be another program.

Personally I already expect this as Prabowo's himself in last year seminar already shown presentation of 2 seperate program. One Tactical Submarine and other Strategic Submarine. The Strategic ones seems related to NG-PAL tied up, while the question will be for this Tactical Submarine.

Big potential this Tactical ones will be build outside Indonesia, as PAL Submarine facility will be used with their Scorpene program.